Wednesday, March 23, 2011

S'mores Cookies

I've seen this recipe on so many food blogs and decided it was about time to give it a try. I think the original recipe is from Cookie Madness but I got an adapted recipe from Sweet Tooth. These cookies are delicious!!  I actually took them to my doctor's office and I overhead some people say they were the best cookies they've had. I just love the gooey marshmallows. YUM!


Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups mini chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows, or large ones cut up
  • 2 Hershey bars, chopped
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. With an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla to butter mixture until combined.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, graham crackers, salt, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  4. Use 2 tablespoons or a medium-sized ice cream scoop to drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven. Push a few marshmallows and pieces of chocolate into each cookie and return to the oven to bake an additional 3-4 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Recipe yields about 3 dozen cookies. Source: Sweet Tooth and Cookie Madness.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Those look so good, Erin. I've really gotten into baking a lot lately, too, so these may have to be my next attempt. My coworkers definitely appreciate my new hobby!

ErinsOvens said...

Thanks Kristi! I'm not working right now so Matt's coworkers are getting the perks of me loving to bake. :) Let me know if you find any other great baking recipes!

Post a Comment