Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Crispy Parmesan Asparagus

Last week I made Crispy Yogurt Chicken and believe it or not it was my first time trying panko breadcrumbs. I loved it! So when I saw these Crispy Parmesan Asparagus using panko breadcrumbs from How Sweet It Is I had to give it a try. Before I go on, I have to admit that I do not like any kind of cheese crackers. To me, this tasted like I crushed up cheese crackers and used them to crust the asparagus so I didn't like it. However, for a normal person, this is probably pretty good.  Matt liked it, but he liked it better when he squeezed a little lemon juice on them.



Ingredients
  • 1 bunch of asparagus
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • salt and pepper
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with alluminum foil. Spray with non-stick spray.
  2. Snap off the tough ends of each asparagus spear. On two separate plates, add the eggs whites (lightly beaten) and the panko, flour, and cheese. Season the panko mixture with salt and pepper if desired. Coat each asparagus spear in egg whites, then lay in the panko mixture and thoroughly cover. Lay each spear on the cookie sheet in a single layer.
  3. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
Source: How Sweet It Is

0 comments:

Post a Comment