Thursday, November 4, 2010

CrockPot Tex Mex Pot Roast

There's a wonderful blog called A Year of Slow Cooking. Stephanie challenged herself in 2008 to use her crockpot everyday for a year. Since I've been trying to find more recipes for the crockpot, her blog has been my go-to site. I found this recipe for Tex Mex Pot Roast. It turned out really good! It was so easy, practically zero prep work but the result was wonderful. The only change I made to it was added a little onion and garlic powder. Also, instead of adding canned corn I used frozen corn. Stephanie served her's on top of a baked potato, so I did the same. It was a great way to eat it. We had a decent amount of leftover. I wonder how it would freeze. Thoughts?


Ingredients
  • 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
  • 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 (15-ounce) can chili beans, undrained
  • 1 1/4 cups frozen corn
  • 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel (tomatoes and chiles), undrained
Directions
  1. Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Add your meat to the slow cooker. Add the chipotle chile powder, garlic powder, onion powder, corn, and all the canned ingredients.
  2. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 4 to 6.

0 comments:

Post a Comment