The meatloaf was really good. I might saute the onions before adding them to the meat next time. The recipe has you put the glaze on the bottom of the pan and the meat on top. I actually put 2 slices of bread in the pan, then the meat, and the glaze on top. I added the sliced bread because I heard they soak up any grease. I added ground mustard and Worcestershire sauce to the glaze and decreased the brown sugar to 1/4 cup. It was pretty sweet still so I'm glad I cut it down. Half a cup would have been way too sweet.
The potatoes were really good and easy too! I sauteed the onions before adding them to the potatoes, which was a good decision. I also had some white cheddar cheese which I grated and added to the top. It was good with the cheese but it would have been just as good without. Delicious!!! I will definitely be making these again.

Brown Sugar Meatloaf
Ingredients
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup finely seasoned bread crumbs
- slices of bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- Place bread slices at bottom of pan. (I used 2 pieces.)
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and dry mustard. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the bread slices. Cover with ketchup mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
Ingredients
- 3 large Idaho potatoes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Salt and pepper
- Paprika
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scrub the potatoes, slice them, and put in a pot with water to cover. Boil the potatoes until tender, then drain and mash them with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute onion until tender.
- Add the cottage cheese, onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir the mixture gently, and then put in a greased casserole. Dot with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Add the cheese after 20 minutes of cooking.
0 comments:
Post a Comment