Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lemon Dill Tilapia with Asparagus

I was looking online for a recipe for tilapia packets. I wanted something quick and easy and I wanted to have asparagus with it. I found this recipe from Hungry Girl and made just a couple of changes to it, added dill and white wine. The fish had great flavor. It could have used a bit more lemon and salt. I'd make it again though because it was good and very easy to make, great for a weeknight meal.


Ingredients
  • 2 tilapia filets
  • 1 bunch of asparagus stalks, tough ends removed
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 Tablespoon butter
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 teaspoon choppsed fresh dill
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • spash of white wine (I didn't measure, but probably 2 Tablespoons, divided)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together butter, parsley, dill, garlic, salt and pepper.
  3. Lay out 2 large pieces of heavy-duty foil. Line up the stalks side by side in the center of the foil. Lay the fish on top of the asparagus.
  4. Spread butter mixture evenly over the fish, and top with lemon slices. Juice the remaining lemon over the fish. Add a splash of white wine. Fold and seal the top and bottom edges of the foil, and then the side edges, to create a well-sealed packet.
  5. Place packet on a baking sheet, and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes, until asparagus is tender and fish is cooked through.
  6. Allow packet to cool for a few minutes, and then cut to release steam before opening it entirely. (Careful -- steam will be hot.) Arrange fish and asparagus on a plate (use the lemon slices as a pretty garnish), admire, and eat!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

It sure looks pretty! Very professional!

ErinsOvens said...

Thanks Mom! I need a photography lesson from Dad though! Thing is, I know I could use my Nikon D70 and make it look really good. But I'm not sure we're willing to wait long enough to take a really good quality photo :)

Post a Comment