Sunday, November 21, 2010

Buckeyes

Most people who know me know that I love the Ohio State Buckeyes! I like to make sweet treats for my neighbors every so often. Seeing as how Thanksgiving is in a couple of days, I figured now would be a great time for another plate of goodies. This coming week is the Ohio State and Michigan game and my neighbor just so happens to be a Michigan fan. So, I thought it would be funny to make him buckeyes. I used a recipe from All Recipes. I used milk chocolate instead of semi sweet and added the powdered sugar slowly. I didn't end up using about a 1/4 cup of it either. This was very good!


Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 tablespoon shortening
Directions
  1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioners' sugar with hands to form a smooth stiff dough. Shape into balls using 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball. Place on prepared pan, and refrigerate.
  3. Melt shortening and chocolate together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.
  4. Remove balls from refrigerator. Insert a wooden toothpick into a ball, and dip into melted chocolate. Return to wax paper, chocolate side down, and remove toothpick. Repeat with remaining balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Yum!!! Did you save any for the Boilermaker parents of a Buckeye fan?

ErinsOvens said...

There are a couple left...but not sure if they'll make it until Wednesday! :)

Post a Comment