I have been trying to find more recipes to use my Crock-pot lately. I found a wonderful blog with TONS of slow-cooker recipes,
A Year of Slow Cooking. The one thing about slow-cooking is that a lot of recipes I have found are not healthy and we try, as much as possible to eat on the healthier side. When I found
this recipe, it looked really good and didn't use Cream of ________ soup. It smelled AMAZING while it was cooking. I could tell it was going to be pretty runny, so I decided to make some brown rice to serve with it. The flavor was great! The only thing I did differently than the recipe was added a little more balsamic vinegar while I was cooking. If you haven't been able to tell, I love balsamic vinegar! I'm pretty sure we never make turkey unless it's Christmas or Thanksgiving. This was a nice change from our norm and I will definitely be making it again.
 |
| The photo did not do this dish justice. Sorry! |
Ingredients
- 3pounds turkey breast, cut in chunks
3/4 cup beef broth
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (I used about 12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley (unless you have fresh, then use about 1/4 cup at the very end)
- 3/4 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup frozen green beans
Directions
- Use a 4 quart slow cooker. Put the turkey into the bottom of your cooker, and pour on the beef broth and balsamic vinegar. Add onion, mushrooms, and dried parsley. Stir a bit to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for about 4. If you only have a 6-quart slow cooker, this will cook much faster, unless you increase the quantities. Remember that slow cookers work the best when they're at least 2/3 of the way full.
- If you are going to use a 6-quart, check after 4-5 hours on low, or 2-3 on high.
- If you'd like the turkey super tender and shreddy, cook for a longer period of time on low.
- Stir in the heavy cream and green beans. Cover and cook on high for another 30 minutes, or until beans are thawed and heated through. Serve over cooked pasta.
0 comments:
Post a Comment