Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Vegetarian Enchiladas

I don't often cook a vegetarian meal. A lot of times when I find a recipe without meat I think it'd be so much better with some chicken or beef and so I modify the recipe. However, I thought this recipe looked really good so I figured I'd give it a try. The recipe was not hard to make but it took a little bit of time only because you had to prepare the filling, assemble the enchiladas, and then bake for about 40 minutes. I think next time it would be nice to find a recipe for homemade enchilada sauce. I enjoyed this meal and will definitely make it again.

I will note that I had good intentions of taking a picture.  However, I completely destroyed the enchiladas while I was plating them. Sorry!

Ingredients

  • 1 teaspoon canola oil
  • 2 cups diced zucchini
  • 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole-kernel corn
  • 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 3 cups Enchilada Sauce, divided
  • Cooking spray
  • 8 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 cups zucchini and corn; sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat, and stir in beans.
  3. Spread 1 cup Enchilada Sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon about 1/2 cup zucchini mixture down center of 1 tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese, and roll up. Place seam-side down in baking dish. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, zucchini mixture, and 14 tablespoons cheese. Spread remaining 2 cups sauce evenly over enchiladas.
  4. Cover with foil; bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Calories: 348 Fat: 4.2g Protein: 16g Carbs: 47.2g Fiber:7g

Source: Cooking Light

0 comments:

Post a Comment