Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Balsamic Flank Steak

We had some friends over for dinner the other night. The wife has Celiac Disease so the food had to be gluten free. I enjoyed looking around for recipes. I decided to go with a broiled balsamic flank steak because, well...I have a weakness for balsamic vinegar. So once I saw that ingredient I was sold. The flavor was really good and I'll definitely be making this again. Oh and yet again I forgot to take pictures. I promise I'll get back to taking pictures soon.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • Splash of Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 shallot, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
  • coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
Directions

  1. In a resealable plastic bag or bowl, combine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, garlic, shallots, rosemary, salt and pepper.  Add steak to marinade and turn to coat.  Let marinate for at least an hour. (I marinated for almost 5 hours.)
  2. Broil under the broiler for 15 minutes, turning once for medium. When done, remove and let the steak rest to let the juices return to the center of the meat, about 5 minutes.
Source: Adapted from Creative Cooking Gluten Free

0 comments:

Post a Comment