Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Melting Pot's Strawberries and Cream Fondue

Matt gave me a Melting Pot cookbook for my birthday. I let my dad look through and pick out a dessert to make. He chose the one I knew he'd choose: Strawberries and Cream. It definitely sounds like him! This dessert was really good. I would definitely recommend it.

The only thing was it was really stormy outside and I was afraid the power was going to go out before everything was melted so I took a shortcut and melted it in the microwave. I'm going to post the recipe as it was written in the book because that's how I'll do it in the future.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup quartered fresh strawberries
  • Confectioners Sugar to taste
  • 4 1/2 ounce (3/4 cup) finely chopped white chocolate
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur
  • Items for dipping - We used pound cake (yum!!), rice crispy treats, shortbread cookies, and brownies.
Directions
  1. Place the strawberries in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Pour into a small bowl. Add the confectioners sugar and mix well.
  2. Combine the chocolate and cream in a fondue pot set over low heat. Heat until the chocolate is melted, stirring constantly.
  3. Add the liqueur and stir gently to combine. Swirl the strawberry puree gently on the surface of the fondue. Keep fondue warm over low heat.
Source: The Melting Pot: Dip Into Something Different

0 comments:

Post a Comment