Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pasta and Shrimp Primavera

My friend introduced me to a produce stand nearby with great produce and inexpensive prices. So when I found this recipe packed with all kinds of produce I got all excited! The original recipe didn't have a sauce, so I made a few changes to add flavor. I thought this was good but I'm not sure it amazed me or anything.


Ingredients
  • 16 oz. cooked pasta (I used half a box of whole wheat rotini)
  • 1 lb frozen shrimp, shelled and deveined
  • 2-4 tbsp olive oil
  • 5-6 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 zucchini, diced
  • 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 medium onion, diced (I used a large shallot because that's what I had)
  • 3 cups fresh spinach
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1 can diced tomatoes, drain excess liquid
  • 3-4 tbsp chopped, fresh basil
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • feta cheese
  • splash of white wine
  • splash of chicken broth
Directions
  1. Cook pasta and drain.
  2. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat and add shrimp, season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes until pink. Remove shrimp and set aside.
  3. Add another tbsp olive oil and add squash, onion, and asparagus to the skillet. Saute 4-5 minutes. 
  4. Add spinach and mushrooms and cook until spinach has wilted.
  5. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant. Add tomatoes, basil, chicken broth, and white wine. Cook for several minutes to cook out wine
  6. Mix in the shrimp and pasta. Toss until combined. Top with feta cheese before serving.
Source: Adapted slightly from The Sweets Life

0 comments:

Post a Comment