Monday, December 20, 2010

Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies

Since we were making so many cookies, I decided I wanted to find one recipe that was just different and fun. I found this recipe on the Sweets Life blog. I've heard of sweet recipes calling for bacon and always thought it was interesting but I never tried them. Matt loved these cookies and they went over really well at his office. He'd love it if I made some more. It's such an easy recipe too, hardly any ingredients.


Ingredients
  • 1 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 6 slices of bacon, cooked, cooled, and diced

Directions
  1. In a skillet over medium high heat, fry bacon until cooked through. Allow to cool and then dice into small pieces. Set aside.
  2. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two baking sheets and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and sugars until well mixed. Add egg and baking soda, mixing for another two minutes. Fold in bacon, reserving a small handful of pieces for topping.
  3. Roll dough into small balls and roll in granulated sugar. Using a fork, create a criss-cross pattern on each cookie. Top each cookie with a few reserved bacon pieces. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets with 2-3 inches between (they spread a bit).
  4. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool on a baking sheet. 
Source: The Sweets Life

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment