Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Creamy Garlic Pasta with Shrimp and Asparagus

This recipe came from Eating Well. The original recipe also had peas and red peppers but I only used the asparagus. Instead of adding the shrimp and asparagus to the pasta while it was boiling, I sauteed them seperately. I also added a shallot. I bought pine nuts, but later realized I forgot to add them. Oops! The sauce was really good. The raw garlic really gave it a bite. I think, though, that next time I'd add less raw garlic to the sauce and saute it with the shallots, asparagus, and shrimp instead.


Ingredients
  • 6 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
  • 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp
  • 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 cups nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
  • 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)

Directions
  1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Drain well.
  2. Sautee shallots and asparagus. After a few minutes, add the shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through.
  3. Mash garlic and salt in a large bowl until a paste forms. Whisk in yogurt, parsley, lemon juice, oil and pepper. Add the pasta mixture and toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts (if using).

0 comments:

Post a Comment