Friday, August 6, 2010

White Pizza with Mushrooms

We have these little cast iron skillets called Skookies. (You can bake cookies in them - Skillet + Cookies=Skookies). Matt and I love making little individual sized pizzas. We get this great multi grain pizza dough from Publix and then just change up the toppings each time. I didn't really use a recipe for the pizzas this time around, just threw things together. I noticed one time that Rachel Ray added just a pinch of salt to the top of her pizza so I did the same. It really brought out the flavors in the pizza and I really liked it. These pizzas were delicioius!

First I cut the dough into 4 pieces, rolled it out, and put it in 4 Skookie pans. Using a fork, I poked holes in the dough. I baked them at 400 degrees for 7 minutes.

While the dough was baking, a sauteed Baby Bella mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil. You don't want them to cook or brown too much so I didn't sautee them very long. Right at the end, I added just a splash of white wine. It gave them a really good flavor.

After taking the crust out of the oven, I put garlic and olive oil on top, sprinkled on cheese (Italian - a mixture of a couple different kinds of cheeses), added the mushrooms, and then added a small pinch of salt and a little cracked pepper. Then I put them back in the over for 7 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment