Thursday, July 15, 2010

Becky V's Puppy Chow

When I was growing up my mom always made puppy chow. This was Chex cereal with peanut butter, chocolate, and powdered sugar. She had a friend who also made puppy chow but a different version. I loved both versions but I had to make a dessert for Wednesday night and figured Becky V's would dirty the least amount of dishes. It was so easy and so yummy!


Ingredients
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 bag butterscotch chips
  • 6 oz chocolate chips
  • 8 cups Chex cereal or Crispix cereal
Directions
  1. Melt the peanut butter and butterscotch chips. Fold in the cereal. Let cool for a bit so the chocolate chips don't melt.
  2. Add the chocolate chips.
  3. Spread out on wax paper to cool completely.
YUM!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was excellent.. I tried this recipe and I would have to say it was a big success!!

Unknown said...

I just polished off the little take home bag of puppy chow. Mom got none - LOL!

Post a Comment