Friday, July 30, 2010

Mahi-Mahi with Potatoes and Asparagus

I found this recipe on Eating Well. It looked decent but I thought it was missing something. I decided to try it and change it up just slightly but I still wasn't looking forward to it. I added asparagus. To the veggies I added lemon pepper instead of regular pepper. To the fish I added a little bit of garlic powder, lemon pepper instead of regular pepper, and then sliced lemons and placed them on top. After taking my first bite, I quickly changed my opinion on the meal. YUM!! It had so much flavor. I'm glad I added the asparagus. We'll definitely be making this again.

2 servings

Ingredients
  • 4-6 red potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
  • 1/2 bunch of asparagus tops
  • 1 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • Salt to taste
  • Lemon pepper, to taste
  • 1 1/4 pounds mahi-mahi, or tilapia, cut into 4 portions
  • 3 teaspoons lemon juice, plus slices
  • Garlic powder to taste
  • 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a square baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. Toss potatoes with garlic, oil, salt and lemon pepper in the prepared pan. Cover with foil and roast for about 15 minutes. Add asparagus and stir. Re-cover pan with foil and roast for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
  3. Place fish fillets on potatoes; sprinkle with salt, lemon pepper, lemon juice, garlic powder and parsley. Bake until the fish is opaque in the center, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.

0 comments:

Post a Comment