I found this recipe on Tasty Kitchen. The original recipe called for artichokes too but I'm not a huge fan of artichokes so I omitted them. This tasted good but pretty simple. It's a good week night meal but I don't know that it's a having company over meal. The original recipe called for onion flakes which I have a feeling was used to save time and work. It tasted good as is but next time I might try some sauteed onions or shallots instead. The only other change I made was the amount of yogurt used. The recipe called for 4 ounces. My container of yogurt was 6 ounces and I just used the whole container. I'm glad I did. I think it may have been too dry using any less.
Ingredients
- 1 pound Chicken, cooked And Diced
- 2 cups Brown Rice
- 1 bag (6 Oz. Bag) Baby Spinach
- 3/4 cups Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 2 pieces Laughing Cow Light Cheese
- 1/4 cups Minced Onion
- 1/2 cups Parmesan Cheese. Shredded, Divided
- 1/2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the hot rice and the spinach. Stir until the spinach wilts. Add the rest of the ingredients except 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, stir well and place in a 9 x 12 greased pan. Top with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Adapted from
Tasty Kitchen
0 comments:
Post a Comment